Saturday, July 19, 2008

old crow medicine show

since i started teaching myself the guitar a couple years ago (and learning with humble progress), i've found that one of the coolest ways for me to connect with a song is to learn how to play/perform it.  

i just heard this song for the first time today, during an impromptu jam session with some friends, as we learned how to play it.  then i went and downloaded it.  it's pretty dylan-esque, and sort of makes me want to go for a walk barefoot through a field holding hands with a cute girl.

nothing like a good song that's as simple as it is catchy.  

2 comments:

Dan Hayes said...

good tune. i'll jam with you and the cute girl in the field pat. thanks for posting!

Anonymous said...

This is a great song. I heard it about a year ago when I was back in the Fort (of all places). It prompted me to buy the album, which was a lackluster compared to Wagon Wheel. Though still dece.